Yes, Brains Included! Today Janelle is joining me to eat one of the spiciest hotpots I’ve ever had!!
If you’ve never heard of HotPot before, its a big spicy (non spicy is also possible) soup that comes in a pot in the middle of the table where you cook yourself whatever extra thing you order (meat, tofu, vegetables, organs, seafood, noodles)
Today our heroes are eating:
1. Beef Tripe: cut very thinly and easy to handle around. Because of the surface area in this one, it absorbs a lot of the soup flavour and can get very spicy as well. Deliciously chewy and with a similar texture to seaweed!
2. Pickled Chilli Beef Wrap: Requires further explanation! This is a pickled green chilli, that is wrapped around with a layer of lean beef and pinned with toothpicks! This one was very intense mostly because we weren’t expecting it to be sour! The combination between the sour pickle flavour plus the spice of the chilli and the hotpot made this an insanely intense mouthful! Thanks to the cheff for the beef layer to buffer it down!
3. Tofu Skin: When Italians eat HotPot, they wish they had bread. Chinese use Tofu Skin! This little bad boys absorb ALL the flavour of whatever you cook them in. Fantastic texture, juicy, and nutritious!
4.BRAAAAAAIIINSSSS: Pig’s in this case and yes, you cook them and eat them just like that! They are the creamiest piece of animal you will ever try! And they do not taste animal based. If you try it without knowing they’re brain, you would never be able to tell! Simply Delicious!
5. Shrimp Paste: Made only with knife chopped shrimps! This one is very fresh, very smooth, a little bit sweet and full of good protein! The shrimp absorbs a lot of the soups flavour and it is incredibly juicy!
6. Wind Pipe: Because of the texture, this one has a lot more chew to it than the other options. Still holds a very unique flavour, that along with the spicy numbing soup, makes this bad boys unbelievably delicious!
7. Pig’s Kidney: An old time favourite, Kidneys are a fantastic choice, Always! A little similar in flavour to liver, their texture is somewhat extremely tender, which when cooked in the spicy soup makes it melt in your mouth! (They look different after cooked, in case you can’t find them!)
8. Frozen Cuttlefish: Little baby Cuttlefish are dropped in the soup inside a layer of ice! They cook fast and they shrink! Do not, I repeat Do not forget them inside! They’re delicious when cooked properly! Also very juicy!
9. Duck Kidney: They come plated like little roses, and because of all the cuts it increases it’s surface area which allows them not only to cook faster, but also to absorb much more flavour! Delicious little bits of good protein!
Anyways! Hope you enjoyed and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE!
Yes, Brains Included! Today Janelle is joining me to eat one of the spiciest hotpots IR…